TEESMAT External Service Providers
In this article we are going to present you the latest updates from the TEESMAT project, with a special focus on the TEESMAT External Service Providers.
Energy is one of the keystones of prosperity in the European Union. Access to advanced characterisation solutions enables industry to apply a knowledge-based approach, which is essential to accelerate innovation and reduce the cost of technologies.
Battery energy storage plays a major role in the ongoing transition to a decarbonised and clean energy system. The development of a competitive battery value chain in Europe is one of the top priorities of the European Commission.
TEESMAT – the Open Innovation Test Bed for Electrochemical Energy Storage Materials – brings a comprehensive response to the critical bottlenecks faced by EU stakeholders in the field of electrochemical energy storage materials. It leverages EU know-how & expertise from 11 countries and facilitates access to physical facilities, usable data, and industrially relevant services based on novel characterisation solutions.
The main impact of TEESMAT lays in setting up & implementing a financially sustainable Open Innovation Test Bed whose techniques and services address diverse problems faced in the development of clean, safe, high-performance battery solution.
TEESMAT partners held various discussions with External Service providers with the main objective of fostering new ties and collaboration opportunities in the sector. Following discussions several Service providers were invited to join the project activities. Their profiles are described in the section below.
TEESMAT External Service Providers
- ENTROVIEW develops a Battery Intelligent System (BIS) which is an additional layer to the BMS, and enables efficient, safe and durable use of the battery. The BIS offered by ENTROVIEW is based on real-time entropy measurements, allowing a more thorough analysis, diagnosis and characterization of the batteries in a unique and innovative way. The solution covers the entire battery life cycle, from the R&D phase through its use to a possible second life. In the project, ENTROVIEW will propose its technique on several chemistries and cell designs. More information here.
- ESTEEM3 (Enabling Science and Technology through European Electron Microscopy) is the primary European portal for industrial and academic scientists who need access to latest generation TEM instrumentation, methodology or tools combined to the most cutting edge TEM expertise. ESTEEM3 aims to solve complex materials problems in various fields of science such as physics, materials science, engineering, chemistry or even life sciences and earth sciences. Currently, discussions are on going to allow a collaboration between the two platforms. More information here.
- FINDEN LTD is providing scientific consultancy in sectors such as catalysis, pharma, automotive. The company offers conventional and advanced analysis in lab & synchrotron techniques (spectroscopy, scattering, tomography). Finden has a broad range of services for companies, developing advanced characterisation solutions (e.g. spatially resolved chemical information, in situ/operando) to provide insight into client’s systems. In the project, FINDEN will provide support for X-ray diffraction data treatment from ESRF and may play a key role for the commercial phase in this field. More information here.
- ILL (Institut Laue-Langevin) provides scientists and R&D engineers with a very high flux of neutrons feeding some 40 state-of-the-art instruments, which are constantly being developed and upgraded. The ILL has been performing experiments at the cutting edge of neutron research for more than 40 years now, in fields as varied as molecular biology, chemistry, fundamental physics, materials science and the environment. In the project, ILL will provide imaging and diffraction-based techniques applied for electrochemical energy storage system. More information here.
- NanoBat aims to develop a novel nanotechnology toolbox for quality testing of Li-ion and beyond Lithium batteries which will be faster and more accurate than existing methods. Like this, NanoBat will help to reduce the environmental footprint of battery production, support the evolving clean energy transition and increase the competitiveness of the e-mobility battery sector in Europe. In the project, NANOBAT will provide several advanced techniques that are complementary to the one developed in TEESMAT. More information here.
- XPLORAYTION offers offers access to X-ray based analytics at highest sensitivities and spatial resolutions, as a comprehensive service package. XPLORAYTION supports customers in the preparation of beamtime proposals, carrying out measurements at synchrotron facilities, and data treatment and analysis. In the project, XPLORAYTION will be a support in the areas of expertise:synchrotron µCT, nanoCT, µXRF and nanoXRF experiments. More information here.
TEESMAT is an EU project that has received funding from the H2020, under Grant Agreement n 814106 (H2020-NMBP-TO-IND-2018).